Cape Winelands Tour – Full Day: 08h30-18h00
R1 100pp for 2 pax (this rate guarantees an exclusive, private tour for two)
R 850 pp for 4+ pax
Includes the following:
All entrance fees included as well as wine tasting, lunch for own account.
Pick up and drop off from your Hotel or Guest House in Cape Town.
- Head off to wine country with the first stop in Paarl, named for the "pearl" formed by three rounded rocky outcrops. Enjoy a cheese and wine tasting at a wine estate established in 1699 and known for its handcrafted wines, goat shed and cheese making.
- Continue to Franschhoek, where we will indulge at the boutique chocolatier. The Huguenot Fine Chocolates programme outlines the story of chocolate and includes a chocolate tasting and a demonstration of how chocolates are made. (Guests receive a two-pack of chocolates.)
- Continue in Franschhoek, once home of the French Huguenots and today known as the Gourmet Capital of the Western Cape. Nestling in a picturesque valley, it is home to many famous wine estates and award-winning restaurants. Here you will enjoy a wine tasting followed by lunch at one of the top restaurants in the area.
- The tour continues with a scenic drive through the breathtakingly beautiful Helshoogte Pass to Stellenbosch, the centre of the wine industry in South Africa.
- This university town is steeped in history with its stunning oak-lined avenues and historical buildings. Here we will walk amidst the galleries, coffee shops and wine bars and enjoy a final wine tasting before returning to Cape Town.
Click on images below to enlarge them.