Book any Garden Route Tour between May and Septmeber and receive:
• a meal voucher at any Restaurant during the tour to the value of
Email Us to find out more
Classic Garden Route Tour
4 Nights, 5 days.
Experience your tour of the Garden Route from four star properties especially selected for their location and high level of service, with your own experienced tour guide. These itineraries are suitable for small parties or families.
- Meet & greet our Gecko Tours representative at Cape Town International Airport where your friendly guide will escort you to your SUV or bigger vehicle.
- Travel over the Klein Drakenstein Mountains to Worcester in the Breede River Valley, enjoying the wonderful scenery which changes from lush orchards to dramatic mountain views.
- Stop at Van Loveren Wine Estate. In their tasting room you can enjoy an informal tasting at the pods, or treat yourself to a relaxed food & wine pairing with a platter on the deck overlooking the garden. Platters include chocolate and wine, cheese and wine, charcuterie and wine, nougat, nuts and wine, a Four Cousins fan pairing as well as non-alcoholic pairings for both adults and children.
- Continue along Route 62 towards the Little Karoo passing through Barrydale and Calitzdorp, famous for their wine and quality port respectively, to Oudtshoorn, once the centre of the ostrich feather boom.
- Lunch (for own account) at a lovely restaurant in the semi-desert area where we will enjoy truly South African cuisine.
- Continue along Route 62 to reach a private game reserve in Oudtshoorn in time for an afternoon game drive, during which you will see three of the Big Five.
- Overnight at the game reserve in luxury tented accommodation on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis.
- Experience an early morning game drive followed by a delicious buffet breakfast at the lodge.
- Visit the Cango Caves, one of the world's great natural wonders sculpted by nature through the ages.
- This is followed by a fascinating visit to an ostrich farm, where you can stand on an egg and even ride an ostrich!
- Lunch (for own account) at award winning Jemima’s restaurant in Oudtshoorn.
- Head for Wilderness on the Garden Route coast via a scenic drive that takes you over the breathtakingly beautiful Outeniqua Mountain pass.
- Overnight at a 4-star guesthouse in Wilderness (Knysna) on a bed and breakfast basis.
- After breakfast, set off for Knysna along the spectacular Garden Route coast on a scenic 40-minute drive.
- In Knysna, take a ferry across the Knysna Lagoon to Featherbed, a private nature reserve and National Heritage Site, for an exhilarating 4x4 trailer ride and a guided walk followed by a drink in the Milkwood Forest.
- Lunch (for own account) in Knysna at a popular waterfront restaurant, 34 Degrees South.
- Leisure time at the Knysna Waterfront with its boutiques and souvenir shops.
- Take a 20-minute drive to your next stop, Plettenberg Bay (Plett), where you will overnight in a hotel or 4-star guesthouse on a bed and breakfast basis.
- Our tour for lovers of wild animals starts with a visit to the Tenikwa Wildlife Awareness Centre at Plettenberg Bay for a truly unique wildcat experience. Here you will meet South Africa's lesser indigenous cats, branded The Furry Five - captive-bred black-footed cats, African wild cats, Caracal, Serval and cheetah - living in a semi-natural environment.
- Next stop is Monkeyland, the world's first free roaming multi-species primate sanctuary, OR Birds of Eden, the largest free flight bird aviary in the world.
- Lunch (for own account) at Bramon Wine Estate will consist of delicious mezze platters, cheese, pâtés, tapas, fresh home-made bread and a glass of wine.
- Afternoon at leisure OR
- optional whale and dolphin watching (in season only).
- Overnight in Plett at a hotel or 4-star guesthouse on a bed & breakfast basis
- After breakfast we continue to Bloukrans, the world's highest commercial bungee jump at a whopping 216 m high! A proud record for South Africa and particularly, Tsitsikamma, where we will see the brave hearted jump (cost of the jump for your own account).
- At the Tsitsikamma Nature Reserve we'll take you on a boat trip on Storms River into the breathtakingly beautiful gorge (dependent on sea conditions, for your own account). Enjoy a walk through the forest to the suspension bridge followed by lunch (for own account) at the Tsitsikamma Nature Reserve.
- Drive to Port Elizabeth where you will be transferred to the Port Elizabeth Airport to catch your flight home.
If you would like a longer stay in the Garden Route, or take a return drive to Cape Town with us, we will be happy to extend your tour. Click here to send an enquiry.
Please enquire should you wish to receive a quote for this tour in 3-star or 5-star accommodation.
R16 200pp for 2 pax (this rate guarantees an exclusive, private tour for two)
R13 500 pp for 4+ pax
- Luxury air-conditioned SUV or larger vehicle with your own personal, highly qualified guide.
- Accommodation on a shared basis.
- Accommodation and meals of the driver and/or guide.
- Meals as specified ( 4 breakfasts and 1 dinner).
- Excursions and transfers as shown in the itinerary (usually twice daily game activities at safari lodges and camps unless otherwise indicated in quotation).
- Services of the lodge guides and staff.
- Relevant park fees.
- All activities and entrance fees as mentioned and underlined.
- Items of a personal nature.
- Drinks, entrance fees, porterage, tours/excursions and transfers not specified above.
- Cancellation, baggage or medical insurance.
- Staff gratuities.
- Any new Government taxes, levies, fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control.
- Visa fees where relevant.