Book any Garden Route Tour between May and Septmeber and receive:
• a meal voucher at any Restaurant during the tour to the value of
Email Us to find out more
Cape Town and Garden Route Splendour
7 Nights, 8 days.
Explore the best Cape Town can offer you. Stay in the finest guesthouses and discover the wonders of the Garden Route with its spectacular beaches and majestic mountains. End your tour back in the “Mother City” with your own private experienced tour-guide.
- Meet & greet our Gecko Tours representative at Cape Town International Airport where your friendly guide will escort you to your SUV or bigger vehicle and transfer you to your 4-star hotel at the V&A Waterfront where you will stay for 3 nights on a bed & breakfast basis.
- After checking in, the tour begins with an exhilarating cable car trip to the top of Cape Town's iconic Table Mountain with its breath-taking panoramic views of the city and beyond. (Weather permitting, cost of cable car not included.)
- Your day starts with a scenic drive along the Atlantic Seaboard. Travel via Sea Point and Camps Bay to the fishing village of Hout Bay for an exciting boat trip to Seal Island (weather permitting).
- Continue to Cape Point through Chapman's peak (if open), where the romantic notion that this is where the Atlantic and Indian Oceans meet draws thousands of visitors every year. The Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve is recognised globally for its spectacular beauty, rich biodiversity, animal and bird life, historic lighthouses and shipwrecks.
- Enjoy lunch (for your own account) at a nearby restaurant before moving on to the historic naval base of Simon's Town. This is a village rich in history and character, with its penguin and seal colonies, fishing and bird life, and quaint architecture.
- Drive back to Cape Town along the coastline passing many seaside towns, then visit the world-renowned Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden which boasts only indigenous South African plants and is set against the eastern slopes of Table Mountain.
- Return to your Hotel.
- Head off to wine country with the first stop in Paarl, named for the "pearl" formed by three rounded rocky outcrops. Enjoy a cheese and wine tasting at a wine estate established in 1699 and known for its handcrafted wines, goat shed and cheese making.
- Continue to Franschhoek, where we will indulge at the boutique chocolatier. The Huguenot Fine Chocolates programme outlines the story of chocolate and includes a chocolate tasting and a demonstration of how chocolates are made. (Guests receive a two-pack of chocolates.)
- Continue in Franschhoek, once home of the French Huguenots and today known as the Gourmet Capital of the Western Cape. Nestling in a picturesque valley, it is home to many famous wine estates and award-winning restaurants. Here you will enjoy a wine tasting and a cellar tour followed by lunch at one of the top restaurants in the area.
- The tour continues with a scenic drive through the breathtakingly beautiful Helshoogte Pass to Stellenbosch, the centre of the wine industry in South Africa, where we will end our glorious day with another wine tasting.
- This university town is steeped in history with its stunning oak-lined avenues and historical buildings. Here we will walk amidst the galleries, coffee shops and wine bars and enjoy a final wine tasting before returning to Cape Town.
- Travel over the Klein Drakenstein Mountains to Worcester in the Breede River Valley, enjoying the wonderful scenery which changes from lush orchards to dramatic mountain views.
- Stop at Van Loveren Wine Estate. In their tasting room you can enjoy an informal tasting at the pods, or treat yourself to a relaxed food & wine pairing with a platter on the deck overlooking the garden. Platters include chocolate and wine, cheese and wine, charcuterie and wine, nougat, nuts and wine, a Four Cousins fan pairing as well as non-alcoholic pairings for both adults and children.
- Continue along Route 62 towards the Little Karoo, passing through Barrydale and Calitzdorp, famous for their wine and quality port respectively, to Oudtshoorn, once the centre of the ostrich feather boom.
- Lunch (for own account) at a lovely restaurant in the semi-desert area where we will enjoy truly South African cuisine.
- Continue along Route 62 to reach Oudtshoorn where you stay at a 4-star guesthouse on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis.
- Leave at sunrise for a Meerkat tour. Upon arrival at the Meerkat burrows you will be treated to coffee, after which you are issued with a lightweight aluminium chair to sit in while observing the Meerkats as they come out of the burrow and into the sunshine. Meerkats are part of the so-called “Shy 5”.
- After breakfast we visit the Cango Caves, one of the world's great natural wonders sculpted by nature through the ages.
- This is followed by a fascinating visit to an ostrich farm where you can stand on an egg and even ride an ostrich!
- Lunch (for own account) at award winning Jemima's Restaurant, Oudtshoorn.
- Head for Wilderness on the Garden Route coast via a scenic drive that takes you over the breathtakingly beautiful Outeniqua Mountain pass.
- Overnight at a 4-star guesthouse in Knysna on a bed and breakfast basis for 2 x nights.
- 10h00 – 14h00 in Knysna. Take a ferry across the Knysna Lagoon to the Featherbed, a private nature reserve and National Heritage Site, for an exhilarating 4x4 trailer ride and a guided walk followed by a buffet lunch (lunch included) in the Milkwood Forest.
- Leisure time at the Knysna Waterfront with its boutiques and souvenir shops.
- Return to your guesthouse.
- Our tour for lovers of wild animals starts with a visit to the Tenikwa Wildlife Awareness Centre at Plettenberg Bay for a truly unique wildcat experience. Here you will meet South Africa's lesser indigenous cats, branded The Furry Five - captive-bred black-footed cats, African wild cats, Caracal, Serval and Cheetah – all living in a semi-natural environment.
- Our next stop is at Monkeyland, the world's first free roaming multi-species primate sanctuary, OR Birds of Eden, the largest free flight bird aviary in the world.
- Lunch (for your own account) at Bramon Wine Estate will consist of delicious mezze platters, cheese, pâtés, tapas, fresh homemade bread and a glass of wine.
- Afternoon at leisure.
- Overnight in a 4-star guesthouse on a bed and breakfast basis for 1 x night.
- After breakfast we take a scenic drive via Wilderness and Victoria Bay towards Mosselbay.
- Experience a 4x4 game drive. Situated between the magnificent Outeniqua Mountains and unspoiled beaches of the Indian Ocean, in the heart of the Garden Route, lies the 3500 ha Botlierskop Private Game Reserve. This malaria free, family owned and privately operated garden route game lodge is home to an abundance of animals including 4 of the Big 5, rare antelope species and unique bird life.
- Enjoy lunch (for your own account) at the game reserve.
- Continue our journey towards Cape Town, where you will be transferred to Cape Town International Airport or a destination of your choice.
- After breakfast we continue to Bloukrans, the world's highest commercial bungee jump at a whopping 216 m high! A proud record for South Africa and particularly, Tsitsikamma, where we will see the brave hearted jump (cost of the jump for your own account).
- At the Tsitsikamma Nature Reserve we'll take you on a boat trip on Storms River into the breathtakingly beautiful gorge (dependent on sea conditions, for your own account). Enjoy a walk through the forest to the suspension bridge followed by lunch (for own account) at the Tsitsikamma Nature Reserve.
- Drive to Port Elizabeth where you will be transferred to the Port Elizabeth Airport to catch your flight home.
If you would like to extend your stay in the Garden Route we will be happy to extend your tour. Please enquire should you wish to receive a quote for this tour in 3-star or 5-star accommodation.
R25 800pp for 2 pax (this rate guarantees an exclusive, private tour for two)
R21 500 pp for 4+ pax
- Luxury air-conditioned SUV or larger vehicle with your own personal, highly qualified guide.
- Accommodation on a shared basis.
- Accommodation and meals of the driver and/or guide.
- Meals as specified (7 breakfasts, 1 buffet lunch and 1 dinner).
- Excursions and transfers as shown in the itinerary.
- Services of the lodge guides and staff.
- Relevant park fees.
- All activities and entrance fees as mentioned and underlined.
- Items of a personal nature.
- Drinks, entrance fees, porterage, tours/excursions and transfers not specified above.
- Cancellation, baggage or medical insurance.
- Staff gratuities.
- Any new Government taxes, levies, fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control.
- Visa fees where relevant