From Cape Town to the splendour of the Garden Route Tour
3 Nights, 4 days.
Experience your tour of the Garden Route from four star properties especially selected for their location and high level of service, with your own experienced tour guide. These itineraries are suitable for small parties or families.
- Meet & greet our Gecko Tours representative at Cape Town International Airport where your friendly guide will escort you to your SUV or bigger vehicle.
- Stop at Van Loveren Wine Estate. In their tasting room you can enjoy an informal tasting at the pods, or treat yourself to a relaxed food & wine pairing with a platter on the deck overlooking the garden. Platters include chocolate and wine, cheese and wine, charcuterie and wine, nougat, nuts and wine, a Four Cousins fan pairing as well as non-alcoholic pairings for both adults and children.
- Continue along Route 62 towards the Little Karoo, passing through Barrydale and Calitzdorp, famous for their wine and quality port respectively.
- Lunch (for your own account) at a lovely restaurant in the semi-desert area where we will enjoy truly South African cuisine.
- Continue along Route 62 to the picturesque valley of Schoemanshoek.
- Overnight at the luxury 4 star guest house in Oudtshoorn on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis.
- Leave at sunrise for a Meerkat tour. Upon arrival at the Meerkat burrows you will be treated to coffee, after which you are issued with a lightweight aluminium chair to sit in while observing the Meerkats as they come out of the burrow and into the sunshine. Meerkats are part of the so-called “Shy 5”.
- After breakfast we visit the Cango Caves, one of the world's great natural wonders sculpted by nature through the ages.
- Lunch (for your own account) at award winning Jemima's Restaurant, Oudtshoorn.
- Head towards Knysna on the Garden Route coast via a scenic drive that takes you over the breathtakingly beautiful Outeniqua Mountain pass.
- Stop at the picturesque Victoria Bay for a stroll on the beach.
- Overnight at a 4-star guesthouse in Knysna on a bed and breakfast basis.
- In Knysna, take a ferry across the Knysna Lagoon to Featherbed, a private nature reserve and National Heritage Site, for an exhilarating 4x4 trailer ride and a guided walk followed by a drink in the Milkwood Forest.
- Lunch (for your own account) in Knysna at a popular waterfront restaurant, 34 Degrees South.
- Leisure time at the Knysna Waterfront with its boutiques and souvenir shops.
- Overnight in a 4-star luxury guest house on a bed and breakfast basis in Knysna.
- After breakfast we take a scenic drive via Wilderness, Victoria Bay and Mosselbay towards Albertina.
- Experience a 4x4 game drive set against the backdrop of the majestic Langeberg Mountain Range at Garden Route Game Reserve.
- This private game reserve is home to an abundance of animal and bird life including the BIG 5.
- Enjoy lunch (for your own account) at the game reserve.
- Continue our journey towards Cape Town where you will be transferred to Cape Town International Airport or a destination of your choice.
- After breakfast we continue to Bloukrans, the world's highest commercial bungee jump at a whopping 216 m high! A proud record for South Africa and particularly, Tsitsikamma, where we will see the brave at hearted jump (cost of the jump for your own account).
- At the Tsitsikamma Nature Reserve we'll take you on a boat trip on Storms River into the breathtakingly beautiful gorge (dependent on sea conditions, for your own account). Enjoy a walk through the forest to the suspension bridge followed by lunch (for own account) at the Tsitsikamma Nature Reserve.
- Drive to Port Elizabeth where you will be transferred to the Port Elizabeth Airport to catch your flight home.
Please enquire should you wish to receive a quote for this tour in 3-star or 5-star accommodation.
R13 200pp for 2 pax (this rate guarantees an exclusive, private tour for two)
R11 500 pp for 4+ pax
- Luxury air-conditioned SUV or larger vehicle with your own personal, highly qualified guide.
- Accommodation on a shared basis.
- Meals as specified (3 breakfasts and 1 dinner).
- Excursions and transfers as shown in the itinerary (usually twice daily game activities at safari lodges and camps unless otherwise indicated in quotation).
- Services of the lodge guides and staff.
- Relevant park fees.
- All activities and entrance fees as mentioned and underlined.
- Items of a personal nature.
- Drinks, entrance fees, porterage, tours/excursions and transfers not specified above.
- Cancellation, baggage or medical insurance.
- Staff gratuities.
- Any new Government taxes, levies, fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control.
- Visa fees where relevant.
Click on images below to enlarge them.