The Garden Route Golf & Safari Escape
6 Nights, 7 days.
Relax at the jewel of the Garden Route, Fancourt Hotel and Spa. This golfing favourite is home to three golf courses, an award winning spa, several restaurants and many activities for non-golfers to enjoy. The epitome of luxury, the Conrad Pezula Hotel and Spa lies nestled atop a cliff, offering outstanding views of the Outeniqua Mountains, while its Championship Golf Course also offers breath-taking views of the Indian Ocean. The town of Knysna, with its many leisure and adventure activities, beckons non-golfers and golfers alike to enjoy its forests, estuary and bustling town.
- Private road transfers from and to the George Airport, hotels and golf courses in a luxury vehicle.
- 4 nights’ B&B accommodation at 5 star Fancourt Hotel in a Luxury Room.
- 2 nights’ B&B accommodation at 5 star Conrad Pezula Hotel in a Junior Suite.
- Full English breakfast.
- 1 round of golf at Montague Golf Course.
- 1 round of golf at Outeniqua Golf Course.
- 1 round of golf at Pinnacle Point Golf Course, cart included.
- 1 round of golf at Simola Golf Course, cart included.
- 1 round of golf at Pezula Championship Golf Course, cart included.
- 3 x R250 dinner vouchers OR 3 x R450 spa vouchers.
- Game drive and lunch at Botlierskop Private Game Reserve (MALARIA-FREE SAFARI).
- Spa vouchers available for non-golfers.
- Meals and beverages not specified.
- All items of a personal nature not mentioned above.
- Meet and greet our Gecko Tours representative at George Airport and transfer to Fancourt (4 night stay), where you will check into a luxury room.
- This golf estate, with three golf courses and many top class facilities is among the very best in the Western Cape. Be sure to visit the spa before dinner at one of the on-site restaurants, La Cantina.
- Enjoy breakfast and make your way to the Montagu course for arguably one of the best rounds of golf you will play in South Africa. Gary Player designed this course and the stunning landscape, water hazards and colourful shrubs will leave many great memories for years to come. Spoil yourself at the spa after the game before a delicious dinner at the Henry White restaurant.
- We depart for Mossel Bay after breakfast.
- Enjoy a 4x4 game drive at Botlierskop Private Game Reserve, a real Garden Route Safari experience! The reserve is situated between the magnificent Outeniqua Mountains and the unspoiled beaches of the Indian Ocean. Enjoy close encounters with rhinoceros, lions (in a 100ha enclosure), buffalo, giraffe, rare Black Impalas, Golden Wildebeest, Mountain Zebra, eland, trained elephants and so much more. The game reserve stretches across 3 500ha and boasts over 26 different species of animals and more than 200 bird species.
- Enjoy lunch at the game reserve.
- After breakfast we head to Mossel Bay’s Pinnacle Point Golf Course for another breath-taking game of golf. Designed to fit the landscape, the layout of this course is sure to impress – you play over the ocean and cliffs on four of the holes.
- A great round of golf on Fancourt’s Outeniqua course awaits you after breakfast. With plenty of fairway to work with, the wide open yet challenging course will keep you on your toes with its water hazards.
- Your private transport will transfer you to the Conrad Pezula Hotel where you will check into a junior suite (2 night stay).
- Take to the Pezula Championship Golf Course after breakfast. The views of the Knysna estuary and the Indian Ocean will make for another memorable day of golfing and the bustling town of Knysna waits to be explored in the afternoon.
- Enjoy breakfast before we head for Simola Golf and Country Estate. The Jack Nicklaus Signature course has been designed to allow you to play some of your best shots with no, or very little, wind. In time you may not remember your last day of golf, but you’ll never forget these views.
- We have come to the end of our magnificent tour and must say goodbye by transferring you to George Airport, from where you will fly to your next destination.
Price on application.
Overview of golf courses
- Fancourt’s Montagu course was originally designed by Gary Player and claims the 6th spot on Golf Digest SA’s list of top South African courses. The finely conditioned course provides a near perfect golfing experience along tree-lined fairways.
- The Pinnacle Point Golf Course ambles along the dramatic coastline just west of Mossel Bay. Darren Clark had a hand in the design of this course, and has called it “… the best golf course on the planet.” American Travel & Leisure named it one of the Top Ten New Golf Courses of the World in 2007.
- Golf Digest ranked Fancourt’s Outeniqua course at number 16 in South Africa. Also designed by Gary Player, this parkland course offers a more laidback golfing experience as it presents a slightly easier game than the Montagu. It does come with its fair share of challenges – including water hazards on 11 of the holes.
- Pezula Champion Golf Course has been rated as a Five Star Golf Experience by Compleat Golfer every year since 2005. Amongst the most scenic in the world, this exclusive course was designed by GolfPlan USA, and offers an unsurpassed golfing experience.
- You’ll find it difficult to keep your head down at Simola’s Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, as it boasts with some of the most breathtakingly beautiful views in the country. Coupled with the technical design genius of Jack Nicklaus, Simola makes for an unforgettable golfing experience.