Tee off from Cape Town to the Garden Route10 Nights, 11 days.
South Africa is renowned for its great golfing and the southern coast has its fair share of fantastic fairways. Test your mettle on courses designed by Gary Player and Jack Nicklaus while enjoying some the most beautiful golfing scenery around. Towering mountains, azure oceans, emerald parklands and sparkling waterways await you on the courses of Cape Town and the Garden Route. We’ll take you there – you just tee off.
- Private road transfers to and from Cape Town International Airport, hotels and golf courses in a luxury vehicle.
- 3 nights in a luxury room at Coopmanshuijs Boutique Hotel, Stellenbosch, or similar.
- Full English breakfast.
- 1 round of golf at De Zalze Golf Club.
- Full day Table Mountain & Peninsula tour OR Big 5 safari (malaria-free).
- 1 round of golf at Pearl Valley Golf Club.
- 2 nights in a grand deluxe room at Arabella Hotel, Kleinmond.
- Full English breakfast.
- 1 round of golf at Arabella Golf Club.
- Arabella: R300 dinner voucher, complimentary wine and snack platter on arrival and access to the spa facilities.
- 3 nights in a luxury room at Fancourt Hotel, George.
- Full English breakfast.
- Fancourt: 3 x R250 dinner vouchers OR 3 x R450 spa vouchers.
- 1 round of golf at Fancourt Montagu.
- 1 round of golf at Fancourt Outeniqua.
- 2 nights in a junior suite at Conrad Pezula Hotel, Knysna.
- Full English breakfast.
- 1 round of golf at Simola Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, including compulsory cart & halfway house.
- 1 round of golf at Pezula Championship Golf Course, including compulsory cart.
- Spa vouchers are available for non-golfers.
- Alternative excursions may be arranged according to your personal preference.
- Meals and beverages not specified.
- All items of a personal nature not mentioned above.
- Meet and greet our Gecko Tours representative at Cape Town International Airport and transfer to Coopmanshuijs Boutique Hotel (3 night stay) where you will check into your luxury room.
- Head off to wine country and visit Paarl, named for the "pearl" formed by three rounded rocky outcrops. We’ll take you along the Spice Route, a totally unique experience during which you enjoy produce from a carefully selected collection of artisans. They share their knowledge with the public and you enjoy a sensory feast.
- After breakfast we make our way to De Zalze Golf Club for a truly exceptional day of golfing. Surrounded by vineyards and stunning mountain views, this course is a firm favourite amongst golfers. Peter Matkowitz designed this challenging yet enjoyable course with a mixture of parkland holes and water hazards.
Day 3: Full day Table Mountain & Peninsula Tour
- The tour begins with an exhilarating cable car trip to the top of Cape Town's iconic Table Mountain with its breath-taking panoramic views of the city and beyond. (Weather permitting, cost of cable car not included.)
- We take a scenic drive along the Atlantic Seaboard, via Sea Point and Camps Bay to the fishing village of Hout Bay for an exhilarating boat trip to Seal Island (weather permitting).
- Continue to Cape Point through Chapman's peak (if open), where the romantic notion that this is where the Atlantic and Indian Oceans meet draws thousands of visitors every year. The Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve is globally recognised for its spectacular beauty, rich biodiversity, animal and bird life, historic lighthouses and shipwrecks.
- Enjoy lunch (for own account) at a nearby restaurant before moving on to the historic naval base at Simon's Town. This village is rich in history and character with its penguin and seal colonies, fishing and bird life, and quaint architecture.
- Drive back to Cape Town along the coastline, passing many seaside towns, before we return to Stellenbosch.
Cape Town afternoon safari day tour at Aquila Private Game ReserveAquila Safari Lodge is a 4 star establishment in the Southern Karoo. A 10 000ha conservancy, Aquila is home to South Africa’s legendary Big 5: elephant, lion, buffalo, leopard and rhino.
- 10h00: Depart from Stellenbosch for Aquila.
- 12h00: Welcome drink served on arrival.
- 12h15: Buffet lunch.
- 13h30: Game drive and visit to the Animal Rescue Centre.
- Guests are invited to relax at the pool or browse at the African curio shop after the game drive.
- 16h00: Depart from Aquila and return to Stellenbosch.
- Enjoy breakfast before we make our way to the Pearl Valley Golf Estate. Experience their award winning combination of golfing luxury and natural beauty during a day of excellent golf. Golfing legend and course designer Jack Nicklaus’ signature touches are noticeable throughout this spectacular course.
- End the day on a high note with a JC Le Roux and Nougat Pairing.
- Transfer to the quaint little town of Kleinmond and check into your room at the Arabella Hotel (2 night stay). The views from the rooms and the tranquil atmosphere of this exclusive hotel will have you relaxing in no time.
- Dinner at Jamani restaurant.
- Check in for your round of golf at the well-equipped pro-shop after breakfast. Non-golfers can enjoy a back, neck and shoulder massage at the spa. Spend the afternoon at leisure in beautiful Hermanus – famous for land-based whale watching – or take a scenic drive through the Hemel en Aarde valley. Have dinner (for your own account) in Hermanus.
- After breakfast we leave on the N2 towards the stunning Garden Route.
- We have lunch at The Point in the beautiful coastal town of Mossel Bay, where we can also visit the Diaz Museum before continuing to our destination at Fancourt Hotel, George.
- Check into your luxury room at Fancourt Hotel (3 night stay).
- Be sure to visit the spa before dinner at one of the on-site restaurants, La Cantina.
- Enjoy breakfast and make your way to the Montagu course for arguably one of the best rounds of golf you will play in South Africa. Gary Player designed this course and the stunning landscape, water hazards and colourful shrubs will leave many great memories for years to come. Spoil yourself at the spa or relax in your room before a wonderful dinner at the Monet restaurant.
- A great round of golf on Fancourt’s Outeniqua course awaits you after breakfast. With plenty of fairway to work with, the wide open yet challenging course will keep you on your toes with its water hazards.
- After breakfast your private transport will transfer you to the Conrad Pezula Hotel where you will check into a junior suite (2 night stay).
- Take to the Pezula Championship Golf Course after check in. The views of the Knysna estuary and the Indian Ocean will make for another memorable day of golfing and the bustling town of Knysna waits to be explored in the afternoon.
- Enjoy breakfast before we head for Simola Golf and Country Estate. The Jack Nicklaus Signature course has been designed to allow you to play some of your best shots with no, or very little, wind. In time you may not remember your last day of golf, but you’ll never forget these views.
- Your final breakfast will be a bitter sweet affair as we have come to the end of our magnificent tour and must say goodbye. Your private transport will transfer you to George Airport from where you will fly to your next destination.
Price on application.
Overview of golf courses
- The De Zalze Golf Course was designed to make the most of the stunning setting of a winelands golf estate. The oak-lined Blaauwklippen River comes into play at various intervals, and water hazards at various holes make this a challenging, yet enjoyable course.
- Another Jack Nicklaus Signature Course, Pearl Valley boasts with exquisite greens and fairways. It has been awarded the Five Star Experience Award by Compleat Golfer for six consecutive years, and has hosted the SA Open for three consecutive years. Now you too can play this national championship course.
- The likes of Jack Nicklaus, Ernie Els, Retief Goosen, Lee Westwood and Gary Player have all enjoyed a round or two at the Arabella Golf Club. The 18th hole has been rated as one of the finest finishing holes in the country, and the picturesque course is surrounded by the impressive Kogelberg Mountain Range, Bot River Lagoon and wild Cape fynbos.
- Fancourt’s Montagu course was originally designed by Gary Player and claims the 6th spot on Golf Digest SA’s list of top South African courses. The finely conditioned course provides a near perfect golfing experience along tree-lined fairways.
- Golf Digest ranked Fancourt’s Outeniqua course at number 16 in South Africa. Also designed by Gary Player, this parkland course offers a more laidback golfing experience as it presents a slightly easier game than the Montagu. It does come with its fair share of challenges – including water hazards on 11 of the holes.
- You’ll find it difficult to keep your head down at Simola’s Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, as it boasts with some of the most breathtakingly beautiful views in the country. Coupled with the technical design genius of Jack Nicklaus, Simola makes for an unforgettable golfing experience.
- Pezula Champion Golf Course has been rated as a Five Star Golf Experience by Compleat Golfer every year since 2005. Amongst the most scenic in the world, this exclusive course was designed by GolfPlan USA, and offers an unsurpassed golfing experience.